Blog Archive

Monday, September 28, 2009

26 September 09
Brandi has an interesting friendship with our cat. When she first came home Brandi would steer clear of Blackie & avoid her. She slowly figured out it was ok to pat her (gently) ... although Brandi would do the occasional swipe at her if she didn't think we were looking. If Blackie comes over to see Brandi (usually because I'm sitting near her) Brandi's like 'Muuuum!!!' & looks to me for reassurance. Yesterday Brandi had the blocks out (see background of photo :) , making a 'block train' when I saw Brandi having a rare moment with Blackie.
Today we've been up to the school holiday program. Courtney is too old to participate now- and too young to be an official leader, but she was able to be a 'leaders helper' which she enjoyed. We still have another 4 mornings to go. Josh & Renee really enjoyed it - especially the parts where they get lollies for things (good behaviour, answering questions, remembering their memory verse of the day etc). Brandi was really good and sat on my knee most of the morning watching the children singing, and then looking at the children doing craft. Brandi knew one of the songs - "One Way, Jesus' which she had learnt at the orphanage, so once she overcame her shyness she did a bit of singing too. Brandi handled being with a lot of people really well, and when my Uncle & cousin walked through the door at the holiday program she gave them a smile & a wave.
* I've also been meaning to add to the brief blog I posted while I was in Manila, so keep an eye out for that at some stage soon *
As for photos, well we have had rain for the past few days, so haven't been outside much. Brandi keeps wanting to go out & play & I have to tell her that unlike the Philippines it is very cold outside!! Hopefully after the school holidays we will make it to the public gardens in Christchurch so I can take some photos of all the children together.

No comments:

Post a Comment