Here are some funny things
JOSH ... Recently we were out visiting. All the children went to raid the toy box in the bedroom of the 2 year old who lived there. Soon after Josh came out with handcuffs hanging from one of his wrists, saying he couldn't get it off. He's had the toy ones before and they usually come off really easy & so couldn't figure out why these ones couldn't come off. I saw our hosts look at each other with a look of 'uh oh' on their faces ... they then went on to explain they were actually real handcuffs (and no, we didn't ask what they were doing with real handcuffs) & they didn't have the key! After having seen their faces I knew they weren't kidding. (They had been planning on taking them out of the toybox, but hadn't quite got to it). So I said to Josh 'no worries, after we leave we'll just go and visit the local police station - they'll have a key". By that stage the children were really excited at the propect of visiting the police station. In between times Josh asked for a fork to see if he could get them undone himself. He enjoys puzzles, and tends to have a lot more patience than most people when the challenge is put before him. It only took him about 20 minutes and he's like 'hey Mum, I got them off'. Clever boy! So we didn't end up having to go to the police station after all.
BRANDI ... the other day Brandi got hold of the fly swap, came running up to me and said 'Bubbles Mum, bubbles' - 'ah, no darling, thats a fly swat!'
RENEE ... When we were at the supermarket Renee says to me 'wow, that's a cool surf board' ... to which I had to reply 'ummm, no, that would be an ironing board'. Can you tell I don't do ironing - who has time for ironing??
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment