Blog Archive

Friday, September 10, 2010

Brandi's 4th Birthday!!

Brandi's first birthday at home (this time last year we were in the Philippines!!).  Brandi had been so looking forward to her birthday as everyone else in the family had had a birthday - but not her!!  She had a really good day & loved opening up presents!! 


Courtney really wanted to make Brandi's birthday cake, so I left her to it and headed out to do some gardening with Josh, Renee & Brandi.  After a while I smelt something burning - not a good thing when there is a birthday cake that is cooking ... lets just say Courtney learnt a few new things:
1.  If the cake isn't cooking fast enough, don't put it on grill !
2.  If you do put it on grill, don't forget about it!!
3.  When you try and cut the burnt parts off, wait until the cake has cooled or it will fall to bits!!!

So I suggested she go outside and play for a while & I'd see if I could redeem it.  Its amazing what a bit of icing can hide!!  And it tasted great too.  Courtney & Renee also made the colour co-ordinated cupcakes. 

1 comment: