Blog Archive

Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday 7th September 2009

HONDA BAY

We'd heard about Honda Bay & how you can go 'island hopping' - just catch a boat to one of the many islands, go snorkling - sounds great right. So we get to Honda Bay - first problem, remembering we now have a 3 year old with us, we see the boat ... hmmm could be ok if it was just Jared & myself going on it ....


2nd problem - I looked at the island way in the distance & said 'hmmm, thought that would be closer' ... by this time the one street on Honda Bay was looking pretty appealing ...


So instead of going on a boat, I just took photos of boats ...




And we got to go for a walk down the main street (well actually it was the only street) in Honda Bay... and I have to say they have great taste in music as they had Bon Jovi blaring from one of the radios (made me think of you, Sarah :)





The guards at the maritime building with their guns (don't worry, before I got a 'shot' of them, I asked first :)





Some cute little children ...




We came across this family who were taking the bark off the bamboo, getting it ready to use for building. I don't know if you can see, but the boy must have only been about 9 or 10 & the girl wasn't much older & they were using large knives to do the work (obviously no OSH in this country!!)





A curious family peeking out their gate ...


Just taking a wild guess here, but I don't think they have 'codes of compliance' here ...



Brandi & I at the restaurant at dinner time ...


No comments:

Post a Comment