Blog Archive

Monday, September 14, 2009

Sunday 6th September
I talked Jared into going for a walk down the road so I could take some photos. Transportation is so funny in the Philippines - if you don't all fit inside a vehicle, then just sit on the roof. Several times we saw big trucks hurtling down the road with men sitting on the cab (both in Puerto & in Manila). I would hate to think what would happen if the truck driver suddenly stopped or swerved (& that happens frequently!).
The trikes again - not only for people, but also livestock.

Jared was carrying Brandi since I was taking the photos. Don't you love Jared's look - the look of, 'ok - I'll smile for the photo, but really, how much longer is this going to take!!'.

These were some cute boys who came past - they'd just been fishing, & playing badminton & were heading home, but thought it was cool to have their photo taken. They spoke english well so we got to have a chat with them. The people are all so friendly & happy.
More people, who saw me with my camera taking photos, so called out to me to take their photo - thus the smiles & waves from them all.

Dad & Brandi walking back to the hotel down our very bumpy road.


The guard at the hotel where we were staying. There are guards everywhere - going into the shops, hotels, airports, & they all had guns & battons. We soon learn't that when we went into shops and there were a male & female guard, that I would go to the side with the female & Jared would have to go to the side with the male where they would then proceed in frisking us & checking our backpack. Meanwhile we were thinking 'do we really look like terrorists???'

Back at the hotel they kept the gardens looking beautiful (its just a shame our room didn't match the gardens ... although at least the ants in our bathroom didn't bite, & despite our fears, we didn't get electrocuted by a dodgy light switch in the bathroom - the joys of being on a budget eh!)

Our beautiful Brandi

1 comment:

  1. Love the smile at the end. Great pictures. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete